New for Winter/Spring 2012 enrollment, we are offering the option to register for most of our Current Classes online.
Please see our Online Registration page for more information.
Registration by Phone or In Person
If you prefer, you may register for Conservatory Classes by visiting the Prospect Ave branch in person or by contacting Student Services at 414/276-5760.
Regular attendance at lessons is expected. Instructors are not required to make up lessons that a student has missed. Make ups are offered at the instructor’s discretion. Lessons missed on the account of the instructor will be made up.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees are due at the time of registration. Payments may be made with check, cash, MasterCard or Visa. Full payment or installment payment arrangements must be made before instruction begins. Continuing students must pay by the first day of the semester. For payment plans and policies, please call the Student Services office at 414/276-5760. The Conservatory will assess a $35 fee for returned checks.
The Wisconsin Conservatory of Music reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment. In the event a class is canceled, you will be notified and given the opportunity to transfer to another class or enroll in private lessons. If you do not enroll in another class you will receive a full refund.
- $40 per year per family is charged to individuals or families initially registered for the Fall semester. This registration fee covers the Fall, Spring and Summer semester for a period of 12 months.
- $25 per family is charged to individuals or families initially registered for the
Spring semester. This registration fee covers the Spring and Summer semesters.
- $10 per family is charged to individuals or families who register for the Summer semester.
- There is no registration fee for summer camps, workshops, or classes with tuition less than $75.
- The registration fee is non-refundable. The only exception is if the class is canceled by the Conservatory.
- Family Discounts: 5% for first sibling; 10% for 2nd and additional siblings
- Senior Discount: 10% for adults aged 62+
- Enroll Once & Save: Enroll and pay for a complete 2 semesters of lessons and save 5%
- Ensemble Discount: Select ensembles will be discounted $25 if the individual is also enrolled for private lessons during the same semester
- Corporate Discount: 10% to employees of our corporate donors who give more than $2,500 per year
- Only the family discount and "Enroll Once and Save" discount may be combined
- Other discounts as advertised
The Wisconsin Conservatory of Music reserves the right, and may give permission to the media, to photograph or videograph classes, programs and participants at all our facilities and Conservatory Connections sites. Please be aware that these photos/videos are for promotional purposes and may be used in future publications and/or media communications. By participating in Conservatory classes and programs, you consent to the taking and publication of your photographic or videographic image for these purposes.
Withdrawals & Refunds
A withdrawal is considered the discontinuation of any or all studies at the Conservatory. All requests for withdrawals must be submitted, in writing or via email, to Student Services before any student will be considered withdrawn. Verbal requests or notification of intention to withdraw made directly to a student’s instructor do not fulfill this requirement. The date on which the written withdrawal is received by the Conservatory, not the last date of attendance, is considered as the official date of withdrawal. Tuition refunds for classes will be considered when written notice of withdrawal is received. Refunds because of a student’s withdrawal are for tuition only. The Registration fee is non-refundable. Complete refunds (including the Registration fee) will be issued only if a class is canceled by the Conservatory or the instructor.
Withdrawal from Classes
100% of the tuition is refundable if the student withdraws before classes or lessons begin; 75% of the tuition is refundable during the first week; 50% during the second week; and 25% during the third week of the semester. No refunds will be issued after the third week of the semester.
Withdrawal from Individual Instruction
A student who wishes to withdraw from Individual Instruction must give the Student Services office two weeks written (or email) notice. The student is responsible for payment for those two lessons and may attend them if he or she chooses. Informing a teacher of intent to withdraw does not constitute adequate notice to Student Services. If proper notification has been received, the student will be refunded for any lessons remaining beyond the two-week notification period.