Festivals At The Conservatory
Music Festivals Open To The Public
Our various music festivals in Milwaukee are open to a wide variety of skill levels, from as early as elementary school age to adult students. Whether you are interested in piano or have a passion for jazz, the Conservatory’s musical events are perfect for you. See what festivals meet you or your child’s comfort level and register today.
Activities & Schedule
Jazz Festival 2019
Our educational festival is open to middle and high school combos and ensembles of all levels! Receive feedback from Grammy Award winner, Brian Lynch, and WCM Jazz Faculty, participate in workshops including improv, jazz styles, and more.
Registration for the 2020 festival is coming soon.
Advance Your Skill With Two Jazz Icons
Grammy Award Winning Artist
A honored graduate of two of the jazz world’s most distinguished academies, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers and the Horace Silver Quintet, he received wide acclaim during his long tenures with Latin Jazz legend Eddie Palmieri and straight ahead master Phil Woods.
Milwaukee Jazz Legend
Manty Ellis is the cornerstone of Milwaukee jazz. Manty co-founded the jazz program at the Wisconsin Conservatory along with Tony King. He is also a recipient of the 1997 Arts Midwest Jazz Masters award.
Jazz Institute At The Conservatory
Did you know?
The Jazz Institute at the Conservatory is one of the longest running jazz education programs in the United States and has produced many well-known performers.
Activities & Schedule
Piano Festival 2019
Students of all levels will have the chance to play for fun & compete for prizes and scholarships at the 7th annual Piano Festival. This one-day-only celebration of all things piano includes a Master Class with Orli Shaham, a competition in recital format, and for the first time students can also perform a duet with another participant!
- 9:00 AM – Elementary, Junior, and Senior Division Solo and Duet Recitals
- 10:00 AM – Master Class in the Recital Hall
- 12:00 PM – Brief lunch break on site, with option to purchase lunch
- 12:30 PM – Elementary, Junior, and Senior Division Solo and Duet Recitals
- 3:15 PM – Award ceremony and festival conclusion
Registration for the 2020 Festival is coming soon.
2018 Piano Festival Award Winners
Ages 6 – 11
Elementary Division Winners
- Luke Field – 1st Place
- M’Johno Foster II – 3rd Place
- Marisa Lehner – Honorable Mention
- Dominic Camilli – Honorable Mention
- Cam Placido – 2nd Place
Ages 12 – 14
Junior Division WInners
- David Zheng – Honorable Mention
- Anya Richardson – Honorable Mention
- Abigail Debbink – 2nd Place
- Akash Moorching – 1st Place
- Juliet Peterka – 3rd Place
Ages 15 – 18
Senior Division Winners
- Sentibel Pandovski – 3rd Place
- Bonnie Jin – Honorable Mention
- Ashley Zhu – Honorable Mention
- Tessa Peterka – Honorable Mention
- Sakurako Eriksen – 1st Place
- Charlotte Trumble – 2nd Place
2019 PIANO FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS
Master Class with Orli Shaham
A consummate musician recognized for her grace, subtlety and vitality, Orli Shaham has established an impressive international reputation as one of today’s most gifted pianists.