Enjoy the Full Range of Jazz
We Six, featuring David Bayles, Mark Davis, Jonathan Greenstein, Jeff Hamann, Eric Jacobson and Paul Silbergleit, explores the full range of jazz in their straight-ahead style.
A consistent favorite at festivals and clubs, this group is currently in its 18th season of residency at the Conservatory, where the members teach and perform regularly in concert.
Location & Parking:
- Helen Bader Recital Hall | Downtown Milwaukee
- Complimentary parking is available at Milwaukee Eye Care, 1684 N Prospect Ave, one block north of the Conservatory for evening concerts.
2019 Performance Dates
Season Ticket Holders
Join the members of We Six for another exciting season of bebop and original compositions! Book your subscription package now and save up to 15% off the regular ticket price! Season ticket packages include all three 2019/20 concerts.
To reserve a season pass, call Student Services at (414) 276 – 5760.
- General Admission Three Concert Package: $71.25
- Premium Seats: $150
- General Admission Two Concert Package: $47.50
- Premium Seats: $112.50
- To reserve your season subscription, call Student Services at (414) 276 – 5760.
- General Admission: $27.50 | Premium Seats: $37.50
- Student Tickets: $17.50 At Door (ID required; please call (414) 276 – 5760 to reserve in advance)
- WCM Student Tickets: FREE (Limited quantity; please call (414) 276 – 5760 to reserve in advance
We Six Members
Meet the Artists
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Music Education | University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- WCM Faculty member since 1997.
- Has performed with many well-known artists including Peter Bernstein, Slide Hampton, Barry Harris, David Hazeltine, Vincent Herring, Carolyn Leonhart, Brian Lynch, Joe Magnerelli, Kevin Mahogny, Jack McDuff, Bob Mintzer, Frank Morgan, James Moody, Kim Richmond, Jim Pugh, Steve March-Torme, Melvin Rhyne, Charles McPherson, Terell Stafford, Ernie Watts, Steve Wiest and Phil Woods.
- Dave has appeared in numerous festivals and concert series, including Chicago Jazz Festival, Fox Jazz Fest, Third Ward Jazz Festival, Isthmus Jazz Festival, Trout Art Museum, Jazz in the Park and Jazz at Five (Madison).
Performs regularly at jazz venues around the Midwest, including The Jazz Estate, Blu, Mason Street Grill, Pete Miller’s, Andy’s Jazz Club, The Green Mill and The Jazz Showcase.
- In addition to keeping an active performance schedule, Dave is an accomplished educator and clinician, working with band directors throughout the Midwest organizing summer camps and clinics, and giving master classes on jazz, percussion and drum set.
Chair — Jazz Institute, Piano
- BS, with honors | Skidmore College
- Mark has taught at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music since 1992.
- WCM instructors included Adelaide Banaszynski and David Hazeltine, and he later studied with jazz legend Barry Harris.
- Accomplished pianist and an influential educator whohas performed with jazz luminaries Eric Alexander, Peter Bernstein, Benny Golson, Slide Hampton, Tom Harrell, Jimmy Heath, Brian Lynch, Charles McPherson, Frank Morgan, and Phil Woods, among others.
- Member of the Conservatory’s jazz sextet, We Six.
- Mark is the author of the Hal Leonard Jazz Piano Method.
- On the music faculty of Alverno College and Wisconsin Lutheran College.
- Wisconsin Conservatory of Music
- WCM faculty member since 1998.
- A member of the Conservatory’s We Six jazz sextet, Mr. Hamann attended the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music, winning first place in the Jazz Studies Scholarship competition four years in a row.
- He has worked as a clinician and jazz festival judge in the Milwaukee, Kenosha and Waukesha public schools as well as at UW-Milwaukee, UW-Madison and UW-Green Bay.
- Performing with such well-known artists as Frank Morgan, Marlena Shaw, Steve Allen, and Eric Alexander, he has toured throughout the Midwest and has appeared at Jazz Yantra in Bombay, India.
- Jeff is also the bassist on Michael Feldman’s Whad’Ya Know show, airing Saturdays on Wisconsin Public Radio and broadcast nationally on NPR stations.
- Bachelor of Music, Trumpet | University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- WCM faculty member since 2008.
- Has had the privilege to perform and study with well-known jazz artists such as: David Hazeltine, Jim Rotondi, Tim Hagans, Willie Thomas, Slide Hampton, Maynard Ferguson, Doc Severinsen.
- In 2001, Eric released his debut jazz CD entitled Inspiration which features some of Milwaukee’s best jazz musicians as well as New York trumpet sensation and Grammy Award winner Brian Lynch.
- Toured the world in 2010-2013 with Milwaukee’s local soul band “Kings Go Forth” but now stays a bit closer to home and is a top call trumpeter for high profile gigs in Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago and frequently plays with the popular Milwaukee-based Latin band De la Buena.
- Recorded for Johannes Wallmann “The Sweet Minute Big Band” and Willy Porter’s CD Human Kindness.
- Since 2010, he has been the trumpeter with the Conservatory’s resident jazz sextet We Six, providing fiery solos and contributing arrangements and original compositions to the band’s repertoire.
- Directs the WCM Batterman Ensemble that recently went to NYC for the Charles Mingus High School Jazz Festival & Competition.
- Bachelor of Arts | Oberlin College
- Member of the WCM faculty since 1996.
- An accomplished jazz composer as well as performer, Mr. Silbergleit has played clubs, concert halls, and festivals throughout the area as both a leader and a sideman.
- Has performed with a wide array of jazz luminaries such as Melvin Rhyne, Phil Woods, Benny Golson, Tierney Sutton, Jon Faddis, Richie Cole, Brian Lynch, David Hazeltine, and Jack McDuff, to name just a few.
- Both his 1996 debut CD Silberglicity(on which other Conservatory faculty members are featured) and his 2003 release, My New Attitude, have made it onto the jazz charts with nationwide airplay.
- A member of the Conservatory’s We Six jazz sextet, he has also worked with institutions like the Milwaukee Repertory Theater and the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
- In addition to his performance career, Paul is an active and experienced teacher and clinician, and the author or co-author of numerous widely-distributed instructional materials for Hal Leonard.