Fall Group Activities Return September 7
See the latest safety guidelines for lessons, classes, & camps
LAST UPDATED: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 4:30pm
Beginning June 1 with the lifting of the City of Milwaukee restrictions, the Conservatory will be following CDC guidelines as we continue to welcome students for in-person instruction and select group activities.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES – STARTING JUNE 1
1) Upon building entry, exit, and in all common areas, we require masking due to a large percentage of the Conservatory’s population not being vaccine eligible.
2) Masking is required for all students under the age of 12. All teachers teaching this age will wear masks for lessons and classes.
3) Faculty members will mask for individual lessons based on their student’s preference.
Below, you’ll find our full list of safety measures and instructions for students returning to in-person learning.
Four Steps for a Safe Return
To ensure a healthy learning environment, we are asking in-person lesson students to observe these four steps for a safe return when visiting a WCM location.
At this time masks are required in all Conservatory common areas and during activities with students under the age of 12. Faculty members will mask for individual lessons based on their student’s preference.
Woodwind and brass players are asked to mask their instruments and vocalists are asked to stay masked during their lesson. Instrument masks can be found at local retailers such as Brass Bell, White House of Music or online. Your teacher can make a recommendation on an appropriate mask for your specific instrument.
HEALTH SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
Beginning on September 1, WCM will be moving to self-screening for COVID-19 in place of the HealthCheck app. The questions will be the same as the ones asked on the app, and will be posted on the entry doors at all Conservatory locations. Questions will be updated as needed.
- Have you tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you travelled to a known ‘hotspot’ or a restricted state as documented by the Publish Health Authority in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a new or worsening cough within the last 14 days?
- Have you had difficulty breathing or shortness of breath within the last 14 day?
- Have you had a sore throat within the last 14 days?
- Have you lost the senses of taste or smell within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced headaches, body aches, chills or fatigue within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea within the last 14 days?
- Within the last 14 days, have you come in contact with a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Do you feel feverish or do you have body temperature greater than 100.4 F (38 C)?
If you answer yes to any of the questions above we ask that you stay home today for the safety of others.
STUDENT ENTRY & EXIT
All buildings can be entered and exited through the main entrances. A staff member* will meet you at entrances to confirm the completion of each student’s health check.
Students may either show the bar code on the HealthCheck app or can ask the staff member to verify their successful check.
* Wilson Center Students will be asked to display their bar codes to dedicated Wilson Center staff.
QUICK DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
Students may be picked up at each location’s main entrance following their lesson. You may request that your teacher send you a text message after each lesson to coordinate pick-up times.
At the McIntosh|Goodrich Mansion and the Wilson Center, the front circle drive can be used for quick student drop-off and pick-up. Please note that this area doubles as a fire lane and parking or idling is not allowed.
Families can also utilize the rear parking lot on a first-come, first-serve basis. Additional parking can be found at nearby McKinley Marina. Please park inside the spaces as marked and note all posted guidelines.
Below, you’ll find a partial list of our reopening safety measures for students, faculty & staff (per CDC Guidelines for Schools).
- Pre-Visit Health Reporting | HealthCheck by Stratum App
HIPAA, PHI, PII, CCPA, & GDPR compliant
- Room/Instrument/Equipment Sanitation
Before & After Each Lesson or Activity
- Upgraded HVAC Air Circulation to Maximize Airflow
Downtown Milwaukee Location (McIntosh|Goodrich Mansion)
- Physical Distancing & Mask Policies
- Sanitizing Kits in All Classrooms
- Updated Room Capacities & New Traffic Patterns at Each Location