New COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
See the latest safety guidelines for lessons, classes, & camps
LAST UPDATED: Monday, February 28, at 2:30pm
STARTING MARCH 1, 2022
1) In conjunction with updated guidance from the CDC and the City of Milwaukee lifting its mask mandate on March 1, 2022, the Conservatory will not be requiring masking in its space beginning on March 1, 2022.
2) Faculty members will mask for individual lessons based on their student’s preference.
Below, you’ll find our full list of safety measures and instructions for students returning to in-person learning.
Steps for a Safe Return
To ensure a healthy learning environment, we are asking in-person lesson students to observe these three steps for a safe return when visiting a WCM location.
On February 25, 2022, the CDC updated its guidance on masking policies, and on Tuesday, March 1 the City of Milwaukee mask mandate will expire. Based on these updates, the Conservatory will not be requiring masking in its space beginning on March 1, 2022.
We do encourage you to do the following:
- If you wish to wear a mask, please do.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. Ask your instructor about a virtual option for your lesson/class.
- If you are at high risk, please wear a mask.
HEALTH SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
Beginning on September 1, WCM will be moving to self-screening for COVID-19 in place of the HealthCheck app. The questions will be the same as the ones asked on the app, and will be posted on the entry doors at all Conservatory locations. Questions will be updated as needed.
- Have you tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you travelled to a known ‘hotspot’ or a restricted state as documented by the Publish Health Authority in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a new or worsening cough within the last 14 days?
- Have you had difficulty breathing or shortness of breath within the last 14 day?
- Have you had a sore throat within the last 14 days?
- Have you lost the senses of taste or smell within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced headaches, body aches, chills or fatigue within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea within the last 14 days?
- Within the last 14 days, have you come in contact with a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Do you feel feverish or do you have body temperature greater than 100.4 F (38 C)?
If you answer yes to any of the questions above we ask that you stay home today for the safety of others.
Below, you’ll find a partial list of our reopening safety measures for students, faculty & staff (per CDC Guidelines for Schools).
- Self-Screening Health Questionnaire
HIPAA, PHI, PII, CCPA, & GDPR compliant
- Room/Instrument/Equipment Sanitation
Before & After Each Lesson or Activity
- Upgraded HVAC Air Circulation to Maximize Airflow
Downtown Milwaukee Location (McIntosh|Goodrich Mansion)
- Physical Distancing & Mask Policies
- Sanitizing Kits in All Classrooms
- Updated Room Capacities & New Traffic Patterns at Each Location