Guitar Day 2019
Free & Open to All Ages
You’re invited to celebrate with Guitar faculty members Jack Beyler, Carlos Serrano, Michael Standal, Tobias James & Marija Temo at Guitar Day on Saturday August 24, from 11:00am – 2:00pm!
Visit our McIntosh|Goodrich location for a full day of all things guitar, with live faculty performances and stations to explore different guitar styles with workshops and mini lessons. Enjoy special discounts on Conservatory guitar classes, ensembles, & lessons – plus get tips on playing classical, flamenco, blues, rock, jazz, and more.
Guitar Day Events
11:00am -12:30pm | Free Concert with WCM Guitar Faculty Members
Enjoy live performances by acclaimed Conservatory faculty members Jack Beyler, Carlos Serrano, Michael Standal, Tobias James & Marija Temo.
12:30pm – 2:00pm | Try Out Cool Guitars & Get Advice on a Variety of Styles
Try out a special selection of instruments from Brass Bell Music Store – plus get tips on playing Classical, Flamenco, Blues, Rock, & more.
All Day | New Student Discount on Fall Guitar Classes & Lessons
New students save up to 10% on Fall Guitar Classes, Lessons, & Ensembles for all ages. Register in-person at Guitar Day and save!
A very special thank you to this year’s community partners
New Student Private Lesson Discount
$185 FOR SIX 30-MINUTE LESSONS
Thinking about learning to play the guitar? Enjoy a private guitar lesson by some of Milwaukee’s best guitar teachers! Get six 30-minute lessons for only $185.
FOR GRADES 4 – 8
Conservatory Prep Program: Guitar
The Conservatory Prep Program gives students a comprehensive and unparalleled music education. Students receive individual instruction on their instrument, a small group class with peers, and a music theory class – to give them the tools to better understand the music that they are creating. Package options are:
- $799 – Guitar Group Class + 30 Minute Private Lesson + Music Theory Class
- $1049 – Guitar Group Class + 45 Minute Private Lesson + Music Theory Class
- $1275 – Guitar Group Class + 60 Minute Private Lesson + Music Theory Class
Guitar Day Faculty Members
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Classical Performance | University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Has been a member of the Conservatory since 2016.
- Classically trained, Jack is an active musician in the area, performing with a variety of groups including Tabula Nova, D’Amato, Triplex, Rocket Paloma, as well as solo.
- Continues to have opportunities to perform in several Milwaukee festivals such as Summerfest, Summer Solstice, and Chill on the Hill.
- Taken masterclasses with internationally renowned guitarists such as Marcin Dylla, Michael Partington, Roland Dyens, Edel Munoz, and Isaac Bustos.
- Studied under Professor Laura Young at the Escola Superior de Musica de Catalunya while living in Barcelona, Spain.
- Bachelor Degree, Classical Guitar Performance | Florida International University
- Master Degree, Classical Guitar Performance | University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Joined the Conservatory faculty in 2018 and brings with him experience from the Latino Arts Strings Program in Milwaukee and Vivace Arts Conservatory in Miami, Florida.
- Prize winner of the 19th Annual Florida International University Concerto Competition, and received an Honorable Mention in the 2016 South Florida Young Artist Competition.
- His teachers include Italian guitarist Federico Bonacossa, Turkish guitar composer Mesut Ozgen, Cuban virtuoso Rafael Padron, and guitarist Rene Izquierdo.
- Has performed in events presented by organizations such as the Miami Classical Guitar Society, Perla de Esperanza Foundation, Marcus Theaters, and the Florida Guitar Foundation.
- Selected to perform in master classes for esteemed artists such as Manuel Barrueco, David Russell, Pepe Romero, Shin-Ichi Fukuda, Aniello Desiderio, and many others.
- Participated in the 2018 Camino Arts Guitar Workshop in Carrion de los Condes (Spain) and conducted the 2018 UCC Guitar Festival Orchestra.
- Has been a member of the Conservatory since 2017 serving as a guitar instructor, and working for the Guitar Prep Program.
- Teaching for over 33 years, Michael specializes in genres such as jazz, fusion, rock, alternative, and finger-style acoustic.
- Additionally, emphasizes in music technology, composition, and production.
- His compositions have been placed in over 1,000 different television shows and films worldwide including American Idol, Dateline NBC, The Today Show, and The Emmy Awards.
- Corporate music work includes extensive recording and production for Hal Leonard’s play-a-long series, 2018’s “Stronger Together” live music activation for Aurora Health Care and extensive jingle and custom music composition, recording and production.
- Performed, recorded and composed in an extremely wide variety of genres and styles, including Jazz, Latin Jazz, Rock, Fusion, Funk, Blues, R&B, Gospel, Alternative and Pop and proficient in Metal, Country, Folk, Finger-style Acoustic, Classical and other styles.
Chair | Guitar
- Bachelor Degree | Baldwin – Wallace College Conservatory of Music
- Master Degree | Peabody Conservatory of Music of The John Hopkins University
- Conservatory faculty since 2015.
- Widely recognized as a virtuoso classical and flamenco guitarist, vocalist, conductor, and former dancer.
- Has been featured with the Baltimore and Calgary Symphonies, as well as in guitar festivals in Asunción, Paraguay, New York City, and The GFA International Guitar Festival and Competition.
- Has had the privilege to perform for many dignitaries, such as the former Spanish Ambassador, Don Jaime de Ojeda; the former Crown Prince of Spain; and former Vice President Al Gore.
- Had the honor of having two works for guitar and orchestra written for her, Tango Fantasyand Concierto del Fuego, by Loris Chobanian.
- Other performances include being a guest artist with the Zac Brown Band, providing music for a GE Capital/Taylor Guitar national television commercial, and performing in a flamenco documentary.
- Knownfor her educational programs such as “Flamenco Amazement”, and her “Flamenco Communication” workshop for guitarists, singers, and dancers, which was featured for 10 years in the International Festival Flamenco at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.