Downtown Milwaukee Location
McIntosh Goodrich Mansion
The McIntosh | Goodrich Mansion in downtown Milwaukee has a magnificent and long-standing history in Wisconsin. With classic, stunning features, the mansion offers an inspiring setting made to instill excellence in all who visit.
- 1584 N. Prospect Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53202
- (414) 276 – 5760
You may need to refresh to see this map.
Transportation & Parking Downtown Milwaukee
- Prospect Ave. – Free 2 Hour parking (Usually limited)
- Brady St. – Metered 2 Hour parking
- Farwell Ave. – Free and Metered 2 Hour parking
- Albion St. – Free 2 Hour parking (Limited)
- Curtis Pl – Unlimited Free Parking
Milwaukee’s new “The Hop” streetcar line makes a stop near the corner of Prospect and Ogden Avenues, and is free for its first year of operation. There are also bus lines located near our location as well.
New Parking Improvements
The Conservatory has partnered with Uihlein/Wilson – Ramlow/Stein Architects to design and to construct this new parking structure. The project will be underway soon.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Rachel Fritz, Chief Operations Officer, at email@example.com.
History of The Mansion
Where We Began
The mansion’s legacy began on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, home to Robert C. Spenser, the founder of Spencerian Business College, in 1903. By 1932 the mansion was leased to the Wisconsin College of Music free of charge until 1948, when the school purchased the building for $50,000. Upon a recommendation by Milwaukee’s Historic Preservation Commission, the building was declared a historic landmark by the City of Milwaukee Common Council on December 20, 1985.
- Has a billiard room, German Room, two wine cellars, laundry room and various storerooms in the lower level.
- A wide landing illuminated by a stained glass Tiffany window was made by the Louis Tiffany Studio in New York.
- Contains over 22,000 square-foot interior with 10 handsome fireplaces, each unique, and some trimmed in mahogany, tile or marble
Work At The Conservatory
Want to join an eager and talented musical faculty? Explore all of our current job opportunities offered at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music.
Special Events & Ceremonies
Interested in hosting your event at the McIntosh Goodrich Mansion? We are able to host any event from board meetings, to bridal and baby showers to birthday parties for you or your child. For more information about hosting private events downtown Milwaukee, contact Rachel Fritz by phone at (414) 276 – 5760 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.