Philomusica String Quartet Milwaukee
Classic Wisconsin Conservatory Concerts
The Philomusica String Quartet, featuring Jeanyi Kim, Alexander Mandl, Nathan Hackett, and Adrien Zitoun continues to delight their loyal, growing audience with jewels of the string quartet repertoire and win the praise of critics.
Location & Parking:
- Helen Bader Recital Hall | Downtown Milwaukee
- Complimentary parking is available at Milwaukee Eye Care, 1684 N Prospect Ave, one block north of the Conservatory for evening concerts.
2023-2024 Concert Schedule
Philomusica Quartet Members
Meet the Artists
- Bachelor of Fine Arts | Carnegie Mellon University
- Master of Music | Yale University
- Artist Diploma | Yale University
- Doctor of Musical Arts | University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Joined the WCM violin and chamber faculty in 2003.
- Has taught worldwide with 35 years of teaching experience, ranging from beginners to graduate school and professional level musicians.
- Has performed worldwide in prestigious venues such as Carnegie Hall, Weill Recital Hall, Avery Fisher, Auditório Manuel de Falla, and Memorial of Latin America.
- Has shared the stage with eminent artists such as Yo-Yo Ma, Mathieu Dufour, Eric Friedman, Sidney Harth, Caio Pagano, Frank Morelli, Wang Jian, Amit Peled, Susan Babini and Aldo Parisot.
- Has enjoyed a multifaceted career as a soloist, orchestral and chamber musician, recording artist, pedagogue, adjudicator, and conductor.
- Founding member of the critically acclaimed Philomusica Quartet.
- Concertmaster of the Kenosha Symphony Orchestra and Racine Symphony Orchestra, and Assistant
- Concertmaster of the Milwaukee Chamber Orchestra/Milwaukee Musaik.
- Has performed at Chamber Music Milwaukee, Frankly Music, Fine Arts at First, Sunday Live from the Chazen, Dame Myra Hess Concert Series; to name a few.
- Has appeared under conductors such as Eleazar De Carvalho, Gunther Herbig, Robert Shaw, Claudio Santoro and Isaac Karabtchevsky.
- Studied with violinists Sidney Harth, Erick Friedman, Robert McDuffie, and Vartan Manoogian; as well as conductors Eleazar de Carvalho, David Stern, David Becker, James Smith; and members of the Tokyo, Yale, and the Paganini string quartet
- Recipient of the prestigious Ivan Galamian Award, Carnegie Tradition Award, Yale Alumni Prize and the Miles Prize.
Philomusica String Quartet
Celebrating their 12th Anniversary season, the Philomusica String Quartet – currently in residence at Wisconsin Lutheran College – continues to delight their loyal, growing audience with jewels of the string quartet repertoire and win the praise of critics.
True to their name, (philo – love of + musica – music) violinists Jeanyi Kim and Alexander Mandl, violist Nathan Hackett and cellist Adrien Zitoun formed in 2008 in order to create an outlet for sharing and expressing their love of chamber music.
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“The players were at their best as individuals and as an ensemble in the biggest, most densely written portions of the piece, playing with precision, vigor and engaging musical direction.” Elaine Schmidt, 2015
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“They bring cohesion, intelligence, and sensitivity…and they decide what sound is right for what music.” Tom Strini, 2009