Music Classes for Toddlers, Babies, & Preschoolers
Inspiring The Next Generation
At the Conservatory, we aspire to provide an accessible and high-quality music education for children in the Milwaukee community. Our wide range of music classes for babies, toddlers and preschoolers will help them to discover the joy of music making, while giving them a solid foundation for a lifetime of learning.
- Ages | 0 – 4 years (as of Sep 1, 2019)
- Locations | Downtown Milwaukee, Bayside/Fox Point, Brookfield
Family Discount Program
Register For The Conservatory
Save on classes and private lessons when enrolling multiple family members. Receive a 5% discount for 2nd and 3rd siblings and a 10% discount for 4th and additional siblings!
Your discount will be applied on the final checkout screen, once you have selected your courses.
Lay the Foundation
Benefits Of Starting Your Child Early
For babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, the Conservatory early childhood program is the first step on their musical journey. Each of our music classes develop fine motor, gross motor, social, listening, and sequencing skills, all while learning basic musical concepts by combining music and dance. Studies have shown that children who start music at an early age:
- Receive higher test scores in 1st and 2nd grade
- Improve memory and brain development
- Advance hearing and physical skills
- Accelerate identification of emotions
Music Education For The Community
Does your school, church, early childhood center, public library, senior center, or community organization have a need for quality music education programs in the Milwaukee area? The Wisconsin Conservatory of Music offers community programs to match your need!
Early Childhood Faculty
Meet Our Teachers
Chamber Music Manager
- Bachelor of Music, Oboe Performance | Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
- Master of Music, Oboe Performance | Rice University
- Conservatory Faculty since 2015.
- Teaches private oboe lessons, chamber music, early childhood music, and K4-5th grade general music classes in Milwaukee schools.
- Freelance oboist in the greater Milwaukee area, performing frequently with the Milwaukee Ballet Orchestra, Fox Valley Symphony, Festival City Symphony, and Bel Canto.
- Oboist and Lecturer for the Washington Island Music Festival.
- Lecturer, teaching artist, and consultant for area arts organizations, including the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra (“Meet the Music” pre-concert talks, the Lullaby Project, and Link Up recorder concerts), PianoArts, and the LunArt Festival.
- Formerly Manager of Learning Programs and Community Engagement for The Cleveland Orchestra and Education Director of the Alabama Symphony Orchestra.
- Performed for four years (two as Co-Artistic Director) with the multi-disciplinary ensemble Tales & Scales, including appearances with the Dallas Symphony, Indianapolis Symphony, Oregon Symphony, and Louisville Orchestra.
Chair – Early Childhood
Bachelor of Music, Minor in Psychology | DePauw University in Greencastle, IN
- WCM faculty member since 2005.
- While attending DePauw University, she taught preschoolers at the Tutor Time Child Care/Learning Center
- Elise has worked as a music teacher for Little People’s Music. Inc and at the Academy of Learning and Leadership for three years as a preschool teacher of two and four year olds.
- Received training in the Kodaly Concept, completed coursework at the Community Coordinated Child Care Center, and is certified as a lead Early Childhood Teacher.
- In addition to teaching in the Early Childhood Program at WCM, she also taught music to children in grades K4 – 8.
- Master of Music, Clarinet Performance | University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Joined the WCM Faculty in 2015.
- Born in Caracas, Venezuela, Orlando Pimentel began his musical training in Venezuela’s System of Youth Orchestras, also known as “El Sistema”.
- Was a member of the “Simon Bolivar” Symphony Orchestra and performed with such renowned conductors as Claudio Abbado, Sergiu Comissiona, Gustavo Dudamel, Eduardo Mata, Sergei Senkov, among others
- Participated in master classes held by Luis Rossi, Anthony Pay, Walter Boeykens, Kalman Berkes, Eddy Vanoosthuyse, Michel Lethiec, Mario Frogionni, Walter Seyfarth, Judit Jaimes and Raquel Adonaylo.
- Together with three other colleagues, formed the Caracas Clarinet Quartet, a chamber ensemble that has performed throughout Venezuela, as well as in China, Europe, and South America, in addition to winning the 1996 National Artist Award for Best Classical Ensemble, the quartet released three CD’s: Cuarteto de Clarinetes de Caracas,Aires Tropicales, andSuelos.
- Performs regularly with the Madison Symphony Orchestra, Madison Symphony Chorus, Fox Valley Symphony, Green Bay Symphony, Racine Symphony, Kenosha Symphony, and Festival City Symphony Orchestra.
- Performed with the “Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society” Summer Festival in Madison, as well as the Rural Musicians Forum in Spring Green, WI.
- Bachelor of Music | Wisconsin College – Conservatory
- Master of Music | Wisconsin Conservatory of Music
- Wisconsin D.P.I. Certification in General Music, Adaptive Music, and Choral Education | Alverno College
- Has been a member of the Piano faculty at the Conservatory for over 30 years.
- Provides lessons for beginners and continuing students of all ages.
- Served as the music specialist with Milwaukee Public Schools for 25 years, retiring in 2014.
- Specializes in songwriting, arranging for choral ensembles, and early childhood education, and enjoys contemporary piano styles including jazz, blues, pop, and rock.
- Performs for various events throughout Wisconsin, in high demand as both a piano soloist and member of a jazz trio: Recent engagements have included Greendale Gazebo Village Nights, Wilson Center for the Arts, Alexian Village, Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, Betty Brinn Children’s Museum, and the Ovation Jewish Home.
- Stays active in the community by being the Children’s Program Notes Host for the Festival City Symphony.
Had the great privilege in taking part in summer studies at the KodályMusic Institute, which serves to promote professional development for music educators.
- Bachelor of Arts, Music Performance and Mathematics | University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Master of Music, Music Performance | Northwestern University
- Started at the Conservatory in the Fall of 2018.
- Currently Principal Horn of the Milwaukee Ballet Orchestra, Third Horn of the Wisconsin Philharmonic, and a member of Alloy Horn Quartet.
- The quartet was Featured Guest Artist at the 2018 International Horn Symposium and featured soloists with the Kenosha Symphony Orchestra and Dubuque Symphony Orchestra.
- Formerly held positions in Omaha Symphony (Acting Associate Principal Horn) and New Mexico Philharmonic (3rd Horn).
- Substitute musician with Lyric Opera, Milwaukee Symphony, Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra, and Grand Rapids Symphony.
- Served as Brass Instructor and Associate Band Director with the El Sistema inspired program at Ravinia.
- Taught horn at the Merit School of Music in Chicago, Glendale Community College in Phoenix, Arizona, and the Omaha Conservatory of Music.
- Played at several summer music festivals, including Peninsula Music Festival (in Door County, WI), Grand Teton Music Festival (in Jackson Hole, WY), Pacific Music Festival (Japan), Sarasota Music Festival (Sarasota, FL), and Aspen Music Festival (Aspen, CO).
- Bachelor of Music, Voice Performance | Baker University, Master of Music
- Voice Performance | The Cleveland Institute of Music
- WCM faculty member since 2010.
- Proud member of AEA (Actor’s Equity Association) and AGMA (American Guild of Musical Artists).
- Has been performing professionally in opera, music theatre, and theatre since 1996.
- He has sung with Skylight Music Theatre, Lyric Opera Cleveland, Cleveland Opera, Florentine Opera, The New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players, First Stage Children’s Theatre, Milwaukee Shakespeare, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Racine Symphony Orchestra, Prometheus Trio, Danceworks, and many more.
- As a composer, his works include A Twisted Carol, the musical he wrote with Mondy Carter that performed to a sold out run with In Tandem Theatre in 2015, and Eurydice which was performed at Milwaukee Opera Theatre’s Eurydice Festival.
- Serves as an At Large Board Member and Education and Outreach chair for Milwaukee Opera Theatre’s Board of Directors.