Private Music Lessons
Learn to play anything, anywhere
New Student Discount — Just $195 for your first six lessons!*
Learn your favorite instrument with teachers from the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music, one of the country’s leading community music schools.
In-person and online Zoom sessions give you access to more than 90 skilled faculty members for any instrument and genre. Join a community of more than 10,000 students and schedule your first lessons today!
* Discount does not include semester registration fee.
Learn with expert faculty members
Meet Our Teachers
Lesson students are individually matched with an expert instructor based on your current skill level, goals, and each faculty member’s area of speciality (jazz, rock, blues, classical, etc).
Voted Milwaukee’s Best Music Program (Shepherd Express), WCM faculty have attended top universities (Juilliard, Peabody Conservatory, Northwestern), performed at choice venues (Carnegie Hall, Ravinia Festival, Summerfest), and are nationally recognized experts in their field. Meet our faculty and see what each department has to offer.
Browse Faculty by Department
Explore Zoom Video Conferencing
Online lessons are available to students via Zoom, the leader in modern video communications. Easy to use and reliable, Zoom is available to download for free on your PC/Mac or by using a dedicated app for iOS or Android.
All you need is a PC/Mac, tablet, or mobile device with microphone & speakers (here are some recommendations on external options if needed: microphone webcam), and a high quality internet connection. Test your internet connection to ensure best results.
Tips for Best Results
- Use a wired external microphone, if at all possible:
- If not, stand 3-5 feet AWAY from the microphone and point off to the side of the microphone.
- Please do not play directly at the microphone. Angle your sound off to the right or the left of the mic.
- Use headphones or earbuds (instead of computer or smartphone speakers) during your lesson.
- Close all applications outside of Zoom.
- Use a wired internet connection, if possible, or reduce bandwidth usage on your network: turn off gaming systems, video streaming, and other devices.
See why entertainment guru David Caruso recommends the Conservatory’s online music lessons and family activity series as stay-at-home top picks.
WATCH ZOOM VIDEO TUTORIALS