Prometheus Trio Milwaukee
A Classic Wisconsin Conservatory Concert
The Prometheus Trio, featuring Stefanie Jacob, Margot Schwartz, and Scott Tisdel, performs their blend of classical chamber music that both challenges and excites the performers and audiences, creating an unforgettable experience for all.
Location & Parking:
- Helen Bader Recital Hall | Downtown Milwaukee
- Complimentary parking is available at Milwaukee Eye Care, 1684 N Prospect Ave, one block north of the Conservatory for evening concerts.
2019-20 Concert Schedule
Oct 14 – 15 | 7:30 PM
Timo Andres: Piano Trio (2018)
Dvorák: Trio in F minor, Op. 65
Dec 2 – 3 | 7:30 PM
Special guest Heather Zinniger Yarmel, flute
Haydn: Flute Trio in G Major, Hob. XV: 15
Doppler: Nocturne, Op 19
Martinu: Sonata for Flute, Violin, and Piano
Elliott Carter: Enchanted Preludes for Flute and Cello
Mendelssohn: Trio in D Minor, Op. 49
Season Ticket Holders
Book your subscription package now and receive 20% off the regular ticket price! Season ticket packages include all four 2019/20 concerts.
To reserve a season pass, call Student Services at (414) 276 – 5760.
2019 – 2020 Ticket Information
- General Admission Four Concert Package: $95
- Premium Seats: $150
- General Admission Three Concert Package: $71.25
- Premium Seats: $112.50
- To reserve your season subscription, call Student Services at (414) 276 – 5760.
- General Admission: $27.50 | Premium Seats: $37.50
- Student Tickets: $17.50 At Door (ID required; please call (414) 276 – 5760 to reserve in advance)
- WCM Student Tickets: FREE (Limited quantity; please call (414) 276 – 5760 to reserve in advance)
Prometheus Trio Members
Meet The Artists
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Magna cum laude – Harvard University
- Master of Music, with highest distinction in Piano Performance – Indiana University
- WCM Piano faculty member since 1987.
- Primary areas of focus include educating an array of students, and chamber music.
- Recipient of the Milwaukee Civic Music Association’s award for Excellence in Studio Teaching.
- Enjoys being an active musician in the Prometheus Trio, and participating in the Washington Island Music Festival.
- Made her solo debut with the Boston Pops at age 17, and her Carnegie Hall debut in 1984.
- Twice awarded Second Prize at the Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition, and received Indiana University’s Leo Weiner Prize for Chamber Music.
- Has soloed with both the Milwaukee Symphony and the Milwaukee Chamber Orchestra.
- Recorded for the Arundax, CRI, Fleur de Son, Equilibrium, and the Wisconsin Conservatory labels.
- Received WCM’s “Teacher of the Year” honor in 2017.
- Yale School of Music
- Northwestern University School of Music
- A member of the First Violin section in the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Summer performances include the First Violin sections of both the Bellingham (WA) and Peninsula (WI) Music Festivals
- As a chamber musician, she has performed at New York’s Bargemusic, and for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s MusicNOW, and can be heard on numerous series in the Milwaukee area, including Frankly Music and Present Music.
- Soloist with the Milwaukee, Berkeley, and Oakland East Bay Symphonies
- Performs as a member of the Arcas String Quartet and the violin/viola duo Bowing Rogue.
Cello Performance – Indiana University
B.M., Cello Performance – San Francisco State University
- Scott has served as Associate Principal Cellist of the Milwaukee Symphony and Principal Cellist of the Milwaukee Chamber Orchestra since 1987, and has appeared as soloist with both ensembles.
- Was Principal Cellist of the Florida Orchestra (Tampa) and a member of both the Oakleand and San Jose Symphonies.
- Founding member of the Conservatory’s resident Prometheus Trio.
Performs annually at the Washington Island Music Festival.
Recent Media & Press
Irish Dance Tunes & French Salon Music 9/28/18
Urban Milwaukee | 9/27/18
The Prometheus Trio opens its 19th season at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music with a concert performed next Monday and Tuesday evening.
Performing Arts Weekly: Beethoven, Debussy, Martin 9/26/18
Shepherd Express | 9/25/18
Violinist Margot Schwartz, cellist Scott Tisdel and pianist Stefanie Jacob, collectively known as the Prometheus Trio, embark upon the ensemble’s 19th season in residence at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music with both famous…
International Variety 4/13/18
Urban Milwaukee | 4/12/18
The Prometheus Trio offers a potpourri of trios… a lyrical work written for children to play, advances to two impressionistic works with very different colors and origins and ends with a powerful example of the dynamic chamber works of Robert Schumann…
A Celtic Folk Song Transformed 2/8/18
Urban Milwaukee | 2/7/18
The Prometheus Trio program for their February concert will feature reflective works by composers that imagine musically what was, what is, and what could be….
22 intriguing Milwaukee performances in early 2018 1/5/18
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel | 1/4/18
Prometheus delivers the world premiere of Milwaukee native Daron Hagen’s Piano Trio No. 5, which draws on the traditional Irish song “Red Is the Rose.” The Prometheans also play Faure and Dvorák…
A 20th-Century Masterpiece at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music
Milwaukee Magazine | 12/5/17
The Prometheus Trio is joined by clarinetist Benjamin Adler for a powerful reading of Messiaen’s “Quartet for the End of Time…”
Music for the End of Time
Urban Milwaukee | 11/30/17
The Prometheus Trio offers two major works in a Wisconsin Conservatory of Music concert this Monday and Tuesday evening. The concert will include a Beethoven trio that represents the best of his work in that form and a dramatic 20th century quartet by Olivier Messiaen…
Compelling Works Elicit Compelling Performances by Prometheus Trio
Shepherd Express | 9/26/17
Three seasoned musicians—violinist Margot Schwartz, cellist Scott Tisdel and pianist Stefanie Jacob—showed a large and enthusiastic audience Tuesday evening (Sept. 19) why the Prometheus Trio has been so successful for nearly two decades and counting..
Brahms, Haydn and… Lajtha? 9/16/17
Urban Milwaukee | 9/15/17
The Prometheus Trio, resident piano trio of the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music, opens their season next Monday and Tuesday with a familiar formula for their series…