Jumpstart Online Music Lesson Package
Online Lessons Build Performance Skill & Good Practice Habits
Stay ready for the start of school band, orchestra, & choir with the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music’s Jumpstart Online Music Lesson Package: six virtual half-hour lessons for just $190.
Your child will be matched with an experienced musician to build skill, confidence, & good practice habits – from home or a safe space of your choosing. Conservatory instructors have served as music program directors, performed at Carnegie Hall & with the MSO, and have a track record of student achievement in local, state, and national competitions.
Accordion / Acoustic Guitar / Bass / Bass Guitar / Bassoon / Clarinet / Cello / Drumset / Electric Guitar / English Horn / French Horn / Flute / Guitar / Hand Drums / Harp / Marimba / Oboe / Percussion / Piano / Piccolo / Saxophone / String Bass / Trombone / Trumpet / Flamenco / Jazz / Orchestral Percussion / Tuba / Ukulele / Vibraphone / Viola / Violin / Voice
Learn online with expert faculty members
Meet Our Teachers
WCM teachers have the expertise to help any student excel in school band, orchestra, and choir, including:
• Experience as school music directors and program leaders.
• Advanced music degrees from top universities like Juilliard, Berklee, Harvard, Northwestern, & more.
• Performance credits that include Carnegie Hall, our hometown Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, film & national television, and alongside Grammy Award-winners.
• A history of student achievement in local, state-wide, and
• Successful coaching of college-bound seniors for program
acceptance and scholarship auditions.
Browse Faculty by Department
“The piano has been an incredible part of our family life during these tough times, and the lessons are very effective!”
Explore Zoom Video Conferencing
Online lessons are available to students via Zoom, the leader in modern video communications. Easy to use and reliable, Zoom is available to download for free on your PC/Mac or by using a dedicated app for iOS or Android.
All you need is a PC/Mac, tablet, or mobile device with microphone & speakers (here are some recommendations on external options if needed: microphone webcam), and a high quality internet connection. Test your internet connection to ensure best results.
Tips for Best Results
- Use a wired external microphone, if at all possible:
- If not, stand 3-5 feet AWAY from the microphone and point off to the side of the microphone.
- Please do not play directly at the microphone. Angle your sound off to the right or the left of the mic.
- Use headphones or earbuds (instead of computer or smartphone speakers) during your lesson.
- Close all applications outside of Zoom.
- Use a wired internet connection, if possible, or reduce bandwidth usage on your network: turn off gaming systems, video streaming, and other devices.
See how Zoom is transforming distance education at universities like Texas A&M
WATCH ZOOM VIDEO TUTORIALS
* Discount does not include semester registration fee.