Intermediate & Advanced Music Programs
Ensembles, Honors Jazz Institute, Advanced Chamber Music Institute
* Please Note – All WCM programs have moved online while physical locations are closed.
For students with two plus years of experience, playing music with others in an ensemble can be a great way to expand your already extensive musical knowledge. The Conservatory offers advanced programs such as our Honors Jazz Program or our Advanced Chamber Music Institute.
New Student Online Lesson Discount
$190 for six 30-minute lessons
Online music lessons use easy-to-use Zoom Video Conferencing and give you access to more than 90 skilled faculty members for any instrument and genre. Join a community of more than 10,000 students and schedule your first lessons today!
12 years – Adult | Intermediate
Ensembles are a great way to expand your musical skills by playing with others. Students are grouped with others of a similar experience level.
Grades 6 – 12 | Advanced – Audition Only
Honors Jazz Institute
The Conservatory’s Honors Jazz Institute is a year-round experience for high school students, including ensembles, jazz theory classes, and more.
Grades 9 – 12 | Advanced – Audition Only
Advanced Chamber Music Institute
Students in the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music’s Advanced Chamber Music Institute study with world renowned musicians from the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
Intermediate & Advanced Faculty
Meet Our Teachers
- Graduate Diploma | The Juilliard School
- Bachelor of Chamber Music | San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Master of Chamber Music | San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Holds the Dorothea C. Mayer Principal Cello Chair with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
- Has appeared as Guest Principal Cello with the Los Angeles Philharmonic and the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra.
- Performed solos with the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, New Century Chamber Orchestra, and the Princeton Symphony.
- Gave the East Coast premiere with Symphony in C of Aaron Jay Kernis’s Colored Field for Cello and Orchestra.
- Performed as cellist with the Cavani String Quartet on the Detroit Chamber Music Society series and at the Cleveland Institute of Music.
- While in Milwaukee she has performed on the Frankly Music series and with the Philomusica String Quartet.
- Participated in the Marlboro Music Festival, Tanglewood Music Festival, and the Yellow Barn Music Festival
- Master of Music | Cleveland Institute of Music
- Bachelor of Music | Oberlin Conservatory
- Member of the viola section in the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
- Member of the viola section in the Grant Park Music Festival in Chicago.
- Was a member of the San Antonio Symphony, and is currently a substitute with the Saint Louis Symphony and Houston Symphony.
- Performs with the 414 Quartet and the Prospect Quartet.
- Performer at festivals such as the Tanglewood Music Center, the National Repertory Orchestra, Kneisel Hall, and The Round Top Festival Institute.
- Has also performed as a soloist with the Cleveland Institute of Music, National Repertory Orchestra and the New World Symphony.
- Primary teachers include Robert Vernon (Cleveland) and Peter Slowik (Oberlin).
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Magna cum laude – Harvard University
- Master of Music, with highest distinction in Piano Performance – Indiana University
- WCM Piano faculty member since 1987.
- Primary areas of focus include educating an array of students, and chamber music.
- Recipient of the Milwaukee Civic Music Association’s award for Excellence in Studio Teaching.
- Enjoys being an active musician in the Prometheus Trio, and participating in the Washington Island Music Festival.
- Made her solo debut with the Boston Pops at age 17, and her Carnegie Hall debut in 1984.
- Twice awarded Second Prize at the Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition, and received Indiana University’s Leo Weiner Prize for Chamber Music.
- Has soloed with both the Milwaukee Symphony and the Milwaukee Chamber Orchestra.
- Recorded for the Arundax, CRI, Fleur de Son, Equilibrium, and the Wisconsin Conservatory labels.
- Received WCM’s “Teacher of the Year” honor in 2017.
Violin & Viola
- Yale School of Music
- Northwestern University School of Music
- A member of the First Violin section in the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Summer performances include the First Violin sections of both the Bellingham (WA) and Peninsula (WI) Music Festivals
- As a chamber musician, she has performed at New York’s Bargemusic, and for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s MusicNOW, and can be heard on numerous series in the Milwaukee area, including Frankly Music and Present Music.
- Soloist with the Milwaukee, Berkeley, and Oakland East Bay Symphonies
- Performs as a member of the Arcas String Quartet and the violin/viola duo Bowing Rogue.
- University of Southern California and at the Colburn Conservatory
- Master of Music | The Juilliard School
- Currently the Associate Concertmaster of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
- Has had solo performances with the Milwaukee Symphony, Festival City Symphony, the Boca Raton Symphonia, and the Amarillo Symphony, among others.
- Frequent guest on the Frankly Music Series and the Rembrandt Chamber Players of Chicago.
- Collaborated with such distinguished artists as Ron Leonard, Lynn Harrell, Toby Appel, Cynthia Phelps, Joseph Kalichstein, Robert DeMaine, Paul Coletti, the Fine Arts Quartet, Stefan Hersh, David Geber, and Joan Tower.
- Summer guest appearances include at the Olympic Music Festival on Bainbridge Island, the Luzerne Music Center summer festival in Lake Luzerne, New York.
- Performs as the violin/viola duo Bowing Rogue with her colleague Margot Schwartz.
- Solo and chamber music performances have brought her abroad to China, France, Brazil, Holland, England, Monaco, and Italy.
Music Education For The Community
Does your school, church, early childhood center, public library, senior center, or community organization have a need for quality music education programs in the Milwaukee area? The Wisconsin Conservatory of Music offers community programs to match your need!