Intermediate & Advanced Music Programs
Ensembles, Honors Jazz Institute, Advanced Chamber Music Institute
For students with two plus years of experience, playing music with others in an ensemble can be a great way to expand your already extensive musical knowledge. The Conservatory offers advanced programs such as our Honors Jazz Program or our Advanced Chamber Music Institute.
New Student Lesson Discount
$205 for six 30-minute lessons
In-person and online Zoom lessons give you access to more than 90 skilled faculty members for any instrument and genre. Join a community of more than 10,000 students and schedule your first lessons today!
12 years – Adult | Intermediate
Ensembles are a great way to expand your musical skills by playing with others. Students are grouped with others of a similar experience level.
Grades 6 – 12 | Advanced – Audition Only
Honors Jazz Institute
The Conservatory’s Honors Jazz Institute is a year-round experience for high school students, including ensembles, jazz theory classes, and more.
Grades 9 – 12 | Advanced – Audition Only
Advanced Chamber Music Institute
Students in the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music’s Advanced Chamber Music Institute study with world renowned musicians from the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
Intermediate & Advanced Faculty
Meet Our Teachers
- Graduate Diploma | The Juilliard School
- Bachelor of Chamber Music | San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Master of Chamber Music | San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Holds the Dorothea C. Mayer Principal Cello Chair with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
- Has appeared as Guest Principal Cello with the Los Angeles Philharmonic and the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra.
- Performed solos with the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, New Century Chamber Orchestra, and the Princeton Symphony.
- Gave the East Coast premiere with Symphony in C of Aaron Jay Kernis’s Colored Field for Cello and Orchestra.
- Performed as cellist with the Cavani String Quartet on the Detroit Chamber Music Society series and at the Cleveland Institute of Music.
- While in Milwaukee she has performed on the Frankly Music series and with the Philomusica String Quartet.
- Participated in the Marlboro Music Festival, Tanglewood Music Festival, and the Yellow Barn Music Festival
- Master of Music | Cleveland Institute of Music
- Bachelor of Music | Oberlin Conservatory
- Member of the viola section in the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
- Member of the viola section in the Grant Park Music Festival in Chicago.
- Was a member of the San Antonio Symphony, and is currently a substitute with the Saint Louis Symphony and Houston Symphony.
- Performs with the 414 Quartet and the Prospect Quartet.
- Performer at festivals such as the Tanglewood Music Center, the National Repertory Orchestra, Kneisel Hall, and The Round Top Festival Institute.
- Has also performed as a soloist with the Cleveland Institute of Music, National Repertory Orchestra and the New World Symphony.
- Primary teachers include Robert Vernon (Cleveland) and Peter Slowik (Oberlin).
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Magna cum laude – Harvard University
- Master of Music, with highest distinction in Piano Performance – Indiana University
- Joined the WCM Piano faculty in 1987.
- Focuses on the areas of educating an array of students and chamber music.
- Received the Milwaukee Civic Music Association’s award for Excellence in Studio Teaching.
- Enjoys being an active musician in the Prometheus Trio, and participating in the Washington Island Music Festival.
- Made her solo debut with the Boston Pops at age 17, and her Carnegie Hall debut in 1984.
- Twice awarded Second Prize at the Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition, and received Indiana University’s Leo Weiner Prize for Chamber Music.
- Has soloed with both the Milwaukee Symphony and the Milwaukee Chamber Orchestra.
- Recorded for the Arundax, CRI, Fleur de Son, Equilibrium, and the Wisconsin Conservatory labels.
- Received WCM’s “Teacher of the Year” honor in 2017.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts | Carnegie Mellon University
- Master of Music | Yale University
- Artist Diploma | Yale University
- Doctor of Musical Arts | University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Joined the WCM violin and chamber faculty in 2003.
- Has taught worldwide with 35 years of teaching experience, ranging from beginners to graduate school and professional level musicians.
- Has performed worldwide in prestigious venues such as Carnegie Hall, Weill Recital Hall, Avery Fisher, Auditório Manuel de Falla, and Memorial of Latin America.
- Has shared the stage with eminent artists such as Yo-Yo Ma, Mathieu Dufour, Eric Friedman, Sidney Harth, Caio Pagano, Frank Morelli, Wang Jian, Amit Peled, Susan Babini and Aldo Parisot.
- Has enjoyed a multifaceted career as a soloist, orchestral and chamber musician, recording artist, pedagogue, adjudicator, and conductor.
- Founding member of the critically acclaimed Philomusica Quartet.
- Concertmaster of the Kenosha Symphony Orchestra and Racine Symphony Orchestra, and Assistant
- Concertmaster of the Milwaukee Chamber Orchestra/Milwaukee Musaik.
- Has performed at Chamber Music Milwaukee, Frankly Music, Fine Arts at First, Sunday Live from the Chazen, Dame Myra Hess Concert Series; to name a few.
- Has appeared under conductors such as Eleazar De Carvalho, Gunther Herbig, Robert Shaw, Claudio Santoro and Isaac Karabtchevsky.
- Studied with violinists Sidney Harth, Erick Friedman, Robert McDuffie, and Vartan Manoogian; as well as conductors Eleazar de Carvalho, David Stern, David Becker, James Smith; and members of the Tokyo, Yale, and the Paganini string quartet
- Recipient of the prestigious Ivan Galamian Award, Carnegie Tradition Award, Yale Alumni Prize and the Miles Prize.
Violin & Viola
- Yale School of Music
- Northwestern University School of Music
- A member of the First Violin section in the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Summer performances include the First Violin sections of both the Bellingham (WA) and Peninsula (WI) Music Festivals
- As a chamber musician, she has performed at New York’s Bargemusic, and for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s MusicNOW, and can be heard on numerous series in the Milwaukee area, including Frankly Music and Present Music.
- Soloist with the Milwaukee, Berkeley, and Oakland East Bay Symphonies
- Performs as a member of the Arcas String Quartet and the violin/viola duo Bowing Rogue.
Music Education For The Community
Does your school, church, early childhood center, public library, senior center, or community organization have a need for quality music education programs in the Milwaukee area? The Wisconsin Conservatory of Music offers community programs to match your need!